Androscoggin Valley Hospital (AVH) is pleased to announce that Linda Morris, Volunteer Services Coordinator, is AVH=s Employee of the Year for 2023. Linda was presented this prestigious award by Michael Peterson, FACHE, AVH President, on Monday, May 8, 2023, in the Hospital Cafeteria, in front of her peers, to kick off of National Hospital Week.
Linda received multiple nominations for Employee of the Year, from her co-workers. Some of the positive comments they shared about her include:
- Linda is a hardworking member of this organization. She spends countless hours of her own time working to better us and AVH.
- Linda never says she is too busy to take on a project or task, even if she has an overwhelming workload.
- Linda works hard every day, whether she is working here or out in the community, to demonstrate the AVH Values
- When someone expresses a need for change or help, Linda tries her best to accommodate and fix the issues.
- If people have concerns, they can voice them to her without judgement.
- Linda always lends an ear or hug for someone who needs it.
In addition to receiving this coveted award, Linda received an earned time day, personalized leaves on the AVH Values trees at the Hospital entrances, a $50 gift certificate to the AVH Sunny Corner Gift Shop, a personal plaque and her name listed on a perpetual plaque.
Nominations for this year’s award included, in addition to Linda, Ann Bisson, Heidi Brooks, Brooke Caron, Sarah Dandeneau, Karin Dorval, Nina Grenier, Amie Johnson, Brenda Johnson, Kelly Kohler, Angela Lambert, Sue Lessard, Michelle Meredith, Sue Ross, Debbie Vachon, Denis Delisle, Don Grondin and Michael Parent.
AVH congratulates Linda and all nominees.