Cardiac CareInterventional treatments such as implantation of pacemakers and stents, and more.
New England Health and Vascular Institute
Dr. Daniel van Buren, Cardiologist, the Institute’s Medical Director, has significant professional training in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease and Echocardiography. Have peace of mind knowing that our team has extensive experience with:
- a medically complex, elderly patient population
- a high-volume cardiac center
- advanced training in nuclear stress testing, exercise stress testing and echocardiography
NCH collaborates with the New England Heart and Vascular Institute at Catholic Medical Center to provide patients interventional treatments such as implantation of pacemakers and stents, cardiac bypass surgeries, etc. Patients can see Dr. van Buren in the North Country before interventional procedures, and return home to receive Cardiac Rehabilitation at AVH, UCVH, or WMC and have their follow-up appointments nearby.
William Clutterbuck, MD, FACS, Vascular Surgeon is also available to see patients at Androscoggin Valley Hospital, as part of the New England Heart & Vascular Institute team.
Heart and Lung disease is a serious health problem in America today, and our Cardiopulmonary Service staff is committed to helping patients live longer, healthier lives by providing comprehensive, individualized services, including:
- Adult cardiology, including on-site consulting cardiology care from board certified cardiologists at NEHVI/Catholic Medical Center
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Sleep medicine consultations from a board-certified sleep medicine physician
- On site neurology consultations and neurodiagnostics
Non-invasive cardiology tests that cover diagnosis, treatment and preventive care are major tools in fostering heart health among our patients:
Cardiac testing services
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
- Regular treadmill stress test
- Exercise myocardial perfusion test
- Lexiscan cardiac perfusion test
- Holter monitor
- Loop monitor
- Event monitor
- Pulse Volume Recording
Pulmonary and Neurodiagnostic Tests
- Pulmonary function testing
- Metabolic testing
- Methacholine challenge testing
- Electroencephalograms (EEG)
- Nerve Conduction Study (NCS)
Also available is the ScottCare® VersaCare Telemetry System, which delivers complete and accurate cardiovascular monitoring technology, data management and services that aid in the surveillance of patients attending a cardiac rehabilitation program. The ScottCare® system will allow the cardiac rehabilitation team to manage and report data more efficiently and securely. It is designed with one goal in mind: removing the need for double documentation, providing staff more time to tend to the patient’s needs.
Here’s what our patients are saying about their experiences at the New England Heart and Vascular Institute at NCH:
“Dr. van Buren provided the best description of heart function. AVH is very in tune to patient education.”
“All of the staff at the New England Heart and Vascular Institute at AVH were pleasant and kind.”
“Dr. van Buren made my stay at AVH more pleasant.”
“I was impressed by Dr. van Buren at my very first appointment. He was a true professional.”
Dr. van Buren welcomes new patients at Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, and at Weeks Medical Center in Lancaster.
For more information, or to make a Cardiology appointment in Berlin or Glen, please call (603) 326-5900.
For more information, or to make a Cardiology appointment in Colebrook, call (603) 388-4330, or Lancaster, call (603) 788-5606.