PharmacyDrug selection, patient and team education, general drug information. renal dosing, and adverse drug reaction reporting.
All NCH hospitals have Pharmacy services available, including assistance with drug selection, pharmacokinetic dosing and monitoring, patient and team education, general drug information. renal dosing, and adverse drug reaction reporting.
- Our Pharmacies assure safe drug therapy, drug administration, toxicities, compatibility, and related supportive care management.
- At night, technology plays a role, as the Pharmacies use a remote TelePharmacy company to process medication orders from a virtual Pharmacist.
- The Providers caring for inpatients utilize a CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) program on their computer screen to pick and choose available medication entries for their patients.
- For medication safety, the Pharmacy champions a Surveillance Program, through the implementation of the MEPI (Medication Error Prevention Initiative) Hotline.
- Physicians, nurses, and other health professionals are able to report a possible or actual event by calling the MEPI Hotline. The data collected is analyzed for trends that could signify areas where medication error prevention can occur.