DermatologyProviding services for the diagnosis, treatment and management of conditions that affect the skin, hair, and nails.
A Dermatologists is a provider who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and management of conditions that affect the skin, hair, and nails. There are more than 3,000 skin conditions that can affect people of all ages, some of them being:
- Skin cancers
- Rashes and hives
- Itchy, flaky skin, including eczema and psoriasis
- Open sores and blisters of the skin and mouth
- Acne and rosacea
- Warts and molluscum
- Skin infections caused by bacteria, fungus, yeast, and other organisms
- Cysts and other abnormal bumps and bulges on the skin
- Hair loss
- Skin changes associated with aging
Focused clinical specialties can include:
- Specialty services in general dermatology
- Screening for and treatment of early and advanced skin cancers
- Management of complex and common dermatological disorders
A few components of screenings and management of dermatological cancers and disorders include minor procedures such as:
- Scrape Biopsies
- Punch Biopsies
Dermatology on-site at Weeks Medical Center is provided by Jennifer Kasselmann, FNP-BC, in collaboration with tele-dermatology services provided by Jonathan Glass, MD of Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
For more information or to make a dermatology appointment at Weeks Medical Center with Jennifer Kasselmann, FNP-BC, call (603) 788-5095.
Referrals from Primary Care Providers are required for patients to see Dr. Glass. Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center will then schedule appointments for patients.